EduTips are micro-episodes of the Cult of Pedagogy Podcast.
Each EduTip offers one small, useful thing that will help you become a better teacher.
Click the links below to read or listen to each one:
1. Don’t make reading and listening compete.
2. Don’t yell at another teacher’s class.
3. Distract the distractor.
4. Hold off on most feedback until after a task is done.
5. Use huddles to communicate during group work.
6. Try a tiered activity for simple differentiation.
7. Stop popcorn reading.
8. Don’t take anything personally.
9. Use an antiseptic bounce to prevent off-task behavior.
10. Use music to buffer “silent” activities.
11. Replace general praise with something specific.
12: Model EVERYTHING.
13: Add novelty to boost learning.
14: Find teachable moments in the downtime.
15. Set aside time to set norms.
16. Do a smooth first read.